What games have you played before? And do you recommend it?

Go down

Post  aachoo on Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:26 am

I just thought since obviously we like games.. else why are you here >.> you probably have played some other ones other then mabi, so I think it'll be cool if we share what games we have played before =3 aa...choo!

MMORPG
*Mabinogi(duh~)
*MapleStory(I recommend this game for starting mmo players for its simplicity).
*Holic(I don't recommend this game)
*Anarchy Online(I recommend this game only for those who got lots of time to do research on the game)
*Final Fantasy Online XI (I recommend this game as it is probably one of my favorate, it has a really slow game play, but because of its speed you are allowed to do a lot of other things (i.e. chain combos, magic, walk around and strategically plan your hits), however, this game takes a lot of time to play, so unless you want to sit at home all day, and pay 12 bucks a month to sit there, you probably should go look at other games).
*Rohan(This game is, well it has good graphics and the game play is ok, but I think there are other games out there that's better to use time on, but~ if you just have time you don't know how to spend you can play this game.. or just called the 1-800 hot line to 1-800-donate-time-to-aachoo~)
*PerfectWorld(Ok.. I gotta say the character creation of this game is pretty cool, how you can make it to look almost like yourself, or whom ever you base the character off of, but truthfully, that's the only think that I think is great about the game, thus not recommended)
*GranadoEspada/SwordOfTheNewWorld(Also one of my favorite games, this game allow you to control up to 3 people at once, which in the end allow for a lot of strategic possibilities, this game also have, to me, a very nice background music, it does not have the so called "elevator music," the music inside the game was composed by Orchestras and masterful Korean composers, some times I just leave the game on for the music. The bad thing about the game is the botting. This game is bot friendly, even a newbe can set his characters in the middle of the dungen and tell them to auto defend/attack anything that comes close, however, botting usually only last to about level 50 since monsters get a lot harder and thus botting == death)
*SilkRoad(The graphics is ok, the game play is ok, spending time on this game is ok, but not really worth it)
*ThreeKingdoms(The graphics could be better, game play is only so so, but I like the fact that there are 3 factions, thus allowing for a lot of pvp, so if your a big pvper, you can try out this game)
*ConquerOnline(The graphic really isn't all that good, the game play seems kinda outdated too, not recommended)
*GuildWars(Probably one of the best online game out there even though its old, the game emphasizes on how you know how to use and when to use and what to use in the game, because the level is capped at 20, so leveling really doesn't do much for you, recommended for anyone who have not played it before)
*Luminary: Rise of the Goonzu(I have not played this game to really say much about it, but I have to say, the reason I didn't play it so much was because the graphics really wasn't that good, and the game play wasn't either, not recommended.)
*MartialHeroes(baddd graphics, bad game play, not recommended)
*RanOnline(well... I think a lot of people will disagree with me on this game, but I thought it was pretty nice, even though the level difference for mobs is like huge on the map.... but still I guess I like factions and reasons for chaos lol, recommended if you have time)
*RFOnline(a lot of people like this game, but just wasn't my cup of tea, recommended if anyone who likes to control big machines though)

MMOFPS
*Gunz(this game is godly, if you have not played this game before, go download it and get on so I can shoot you just cuz you haven't tried it)
*S4(I love this game, but it gives me a huge lag even though I have pretty decent internet and my own self built computer which has pretty nice stats)
*Operation7(I like this game due to how you can rush, makes pistol fights really fun)
*WolfTeam(I like this game despite I think that the wolves are just overpowered, the game added an interesting twist to just an first person shooter, it allows you to transform into a wolf at any time desired, making you the master of melee attack in wolf form, and range with guns)
*MangaFighter(Eh... I played it for a bit, I thought S4,Gunz and Wolf Team pwns it though, so not recommended)

I will put up more things as I think of them~
Very Happy
aachoo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What games have you played before? And do you recommend it?

Post  Kite973 on Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:47 pm

I agree, gunz was awesome.

Still, no game can ever beat TEAM FORTRESS 2. The greatest multiplayer game ever invented.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDwIyE7P1yQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54h-9OLepUY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZx09YU5CI0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUPzN7tp7bQ

View user profile http://hikariguild.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Tallya on Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:16 pm

I'm old school, I guess. I've played AD&D, Palladium, DnD3 (haven't been tempted to get version 4, very pricey), GURPS (which I love for the flexibility but dislike 'cause it takes SO long to move up levels).

The computer game I've really liked is Hero's of Might and Magic. I had played Daggerfall for a bit and loved the huge variety of paths you could take with your character but the combat was too awkward for me. That's why I like Mabinogi - lot's of paths you can follow but combat isn't reliant on my dexterity.

I've also played some Magic the Gathering and the now obsure (but very fun) Dragon Dice.

Razz
Tallya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamau on Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:17 pm

**Mmorpg's**
--Ragnarok Online--
well, it was good for the few years i played it, but after switching servers so many times its just the same thing over and over. i wouldn't recommend it, even though i used to.
--Silkroad Online--
it was fun for quite some time, i played it habitually. but i reached lvl 40 and got bored, farming skill points didn't appeal to me. fun times, i would recommend it, but not over mabi.
--Fiesta--
Bright colors and high graphics, cute monsters and a simple battle interface. it would be more appealing towards a a younger audience.
--Pi Story--
gay game, don't play it XD. well, i didn't really get into the story, but the interface and navigation system really disinclined me to play. you can't rotate the camera, you have to move with the keyboard and not the mouse.
--Dream of Mirror Online--
this game has an awesome "background history" that sets up the time frame for the game. however i've only played it for an hour or so, just long enough to get through the fun tutorial and run around town for a few.

-*Warzone 2100*-
online or network rts, cheap graphics n stuff, but i thought it was the shiz before i tried other rts's
-*Command and Conquer, C&C: Generals*-
rts you have to buy it or hax it from a friend (you didn't hear that from me), but its great gameplay. much better gameplay with humans, the ai gets boring. Generals has a map editor if i remember correctly, or maybe that was an external program, i really don't remember.

*-System Shock 2-*
online/network mutliplayer rpg, if you get this game, get a friend to play with you. much better with teammates because of the amount of things you find and the limits of skills you can specialize. definitely recommend for 1 or 2 completions, its relatively long.

==Tribes 2==
online/network fps. even if you have noone to play with, the ai is a great challenge. but that still doesn't match the level of fun you have when you can smack talk your friend who you just snipped with a disc launcher.
Kamau
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Emaos on Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:31 pm

MMORPGS

-Maplestory-My first introduction to MMORPG addiction. I don't know how many nights I stayed up playing this thing. It may seem simplistic, but its quite addicting. The only qualm is the exponential experience growth required for leveling.
-Mabinogi
-Luna-Never got really far into this one, but it was quite fun from what I've played so far. Its like a real time action fighting MMORPG.

FPS
-COD4-Best FPS hands down. Costs money to buy it but its totally worth it.
-Gunz-Was fun, cool concept, but towards higher levels it just becomes about exploiting glitches.
-Counter Strike-Classic.
-Battlefield2412- Nice graphics, cool weapons. Costs money, but totally worth it.

Random
-Gunbound- SO GOOD. Just like worms online, but so fun and addicting.
-Pokemon- 'nuff said.
-Super Smash Bros Melee- FALCON PAWNNCH!!!!
Emaos

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down