Hikari
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How'd you get your name?

+5
Kamau
Jmac
Kite973
soulcurve
Tallya
9 posters

Go down

How'd you get your name? Empty How'd you get your name?

Post  Tallya Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:52 pm

Hello Hikari!

Idea The question of the day is - how'd you come up with your character name(s)?

queen My main character is Tallya (human). I got that name from my first Dungeons and Dragons character, Talia, and I got that from the actress Talia Shire, who I like. I couldn't spell the name with an "i" cause it was taken. My D&D character was a cleric/magic user so I focused Tallya on magic.

farao Jelika Khan was a human D&D fighter and I got that name right out of another game book. So I make Jelika a giant and focused on fighting.

jocolor Hyacynth was one of my many thief characters - she was a halfling (originally spelled just like the flower) but there's no halflings in Mabinogi. So Hyacynth gets to be an elf in Mabinogi and is focued on archery.

What about you Question
Tallya
Tallya

Back to top Go down

How'd you get your name? Empty Re: How'd you get your name?

Post  soulcurve Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:57 pm

heh, well, i made the name soulcurve in this other game, astrowars, which is a text based strategy game. i wanted a new name, saw the closest object was my cologne- soul, by curve, and put it together into "soulcurve". thought it worked out pretty well. my elf i named after a band, "seawolf". and my giant "stobofi" i got by taking the first couple letters from the three words on a box in my room. can't remember what the box originally said, but i thought "stobofi" was giant-ish enough for my needs.
this was fun!

soulcurve

Back to top Go down

Post  Kite973 Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:01 pm

Me
How'd you get your name? 280px-Kite

My Thudnerbird
How'd you get your name? Perceptor
Kite973
Kite973
Admin

https://hikariguild.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jmac Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:05 am

Lol a transformer. Nice. Well I took the first two letters of my first name (Ja) and the first two letters of my last name (Mc) and put it together and made Jmac! or J is the first letter and Mac is a shortened version of my last name.
Jmac
Jmac

Back to top Go down

How'd you get your name? Empty blarg

Post  Kamau Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:33 pm

Kamau (Human): african kenyan name meaning "quiet warrior" (i found it on a website)
Barasa (Human): african luyia name meaning "born on Saturday" (same website and i was losing patience)
Eske (Giant): the name of a skill from ragnarok online.
Kaahi (Elf): another name for a skill from ragnarok online. even though they are skill names, they sound pretty cool.
Kamau
Kamau
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Emaos Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:23 pm

I got my alt's name Lygatto from a manga named Break Blade.

Emaos...was random.

Betakyros my elf is a tribute to my maple char which my friend and I made. He made the name.

My horses are named after famous race horses, Smarty Jones and Seabiscuit.

My wolf and crow are just variations of wolf and crow in different languages.

My dog is a japanese phrase.

My bird is named after a anti-aircraft unit in Starcraft.

My bear, being a polar bear, is appropiately named after the Soviet leader Mikhail Gorbachev.

My giant is also named after a character in Break Blade, Shigwen.
Emaos
Emaos

Back to top Go down

Post  soulcurve Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:46 pm

soulcurve wrote:heh, well, i made the name soulcurve in this other game, astrowars, which is a text based strategy game. i wanted a new name, saw the closest object was my cologne- soul, by curve, and put it together into "soulcurve". thought it worked out pretty well. my elf i named after a band, "seawolf". and my giant "stobofi" i got by taking the first couple letters from the three words on a box in my room. can't remember what the box originally said, but i thought "stobofi" was giant-ish enough for my needs.
this was fun!

i forgot about pet names!

my bear, strkx, is just a random bunch of consonants i thought looked kinda cool.
my spider, cleaverbug, was just brain vomit after all my original choices were taken.
my ostrich, ozzybukowski, is named after the author charles bukowski + ozzy short for ostrich?
my falcon, okkerville, i named after a band - okkervil river. added "le" to make it more of a name.

soulcurve

Back to top Go down

Post  aachoo Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:30 pm

P.S. A lot of names are badly translated Chinese.. so please forgive me and don't quote my Chinese pingying hehe

Aachoo(Human): I created my account with my girlfriend, and we wanted something that we could be recognized as, and so I came up with Aachoo, Echoo and Cachoo and that's how we got our names.
Tienzu(Human): It means heavenly judgment, or heaven kills in Chinese.
Feixue(Elf): It means Flying Snow or Flying Blood in Chinese.
Lolliipop(horse): uhh sexual connotation.. my gf and I was joking about it.. and it just kinda.. any ways yea..
Mrumbrella(falcon): kinda goes along with lolliipop... don't ask.. Emaos might understand.. not sure
Taoyuan(Siamese): In an old Chinese legend, there was a place called Tao Yuan which means Field of Cherry Blossoms or something like that, which symbolizes paradise. I created the cat with the thoughts that that was how it felt when I play mabi with my girlfriend.
Xiadaidai(Red Panda): Knowing that the red panda can grow really big, I thought I'd name it something of the exact opposite. So the name means "little dumdum" in Chinese.
Yunghen(Black hamster): Its only part of a phrase. The whole phrase is Ai Ze Yung Hen, which is spelt wrong.. but any ways. The phrase means, love, forever.
Tianshing(White un-flyable chicken...): It means sky heart in Chinese, or heaven hearts.
aachoo
aachoo

Back to top Go down

Post  Kerobeo Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:30 am

My Name was suppose to be Kero. But it was taken. So I put Beo cause it sounds cute. My name is named after a small lion in Card Captor Sakura.

How'd you get your name? Kero1
Kerobeo
Kerobeo

Back to top Go down

How'd you get your name? Empty My name...

Post  Filoni Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:59 pm

OMG kite you played .hack????? AWESOME!!!!!

I got Filoni from an Animal Planet show, they named one of the lion cubs Filoni and thus there's my name ^^
Filoni
Filoni

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum